Goods worth about one billion dollars a day still flow across the Pacific Ocean from China to the United States, with Chinese exports to the U.S. slightly higher in September than in August, Bloomberg reported.

According to the report, the resilience of Chinese exports six months after the US launched its trade war shows how irreplaceable many Chinese products still are - despite US tariffs of up to 55 percent.

"As a result, the ability of U.S. tariffs to regulate what U.S. firms import is somewhat limited because China's influence in sectors such as precious metals and electronics makes its products difficult to replace - at least in the short term," uvádí se ve zprávě.

Shipments of some categories of Chinese products even recorded year-on-year growth, despite strained trade relations between the world's two largest economies. Bloomberg's analysis of Chinese customs data showed that US demand for e-bikes is particularly strong, with Chinese companies exporting more than $500 million worth of e-bikes in the third quarter, up slightly from the same period last year.

"China's strong position in global supply chains gives it some bargaining power vis-à-vis U.S. importers in the short term," wrote Bloomberg economists Chang Shu a David Qu. However, they also pointed out that other countries "they can't replace China quickly" as a supplier to the US. "Moving production will take time," dodali.

During the third quarter, over $100 billion worth of goods arrived in the United States from China. Specifically, Chinese firms exported nearly $8 billion in smartphones, laptops, tablets, and computer components to the United States.

According to China's General Administration of Customs, China's total exports rose 8.3 percent year-on-year in September, higher than August's 4.4 percent growth and also more than the 6 percent forecast by Reuters.

In the latest escalation, US President Donald Trump's administration is threatening to impose further 100 per cent tariffs on Chinese goods.

During a video call on 18 October, Chinese Vice Premier He Lifeng, who is also the chief representative for Sino-US economic and trade affairs, met with US Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent and Trade Commissioner Jamieson Greer. The two sides agreed to hold a new round of economic and trade consultations "co nejdříve".

China's Ministry of Commerce said in an October 14 statement that China's stance on a tariff or trade war is consistent:

"If we are forced to fight, we will fight to the end; but the door to dialogue remains open," the statement said.

The Ministry stressed that the four previous rounds of Sino-US economic and trade consultations have fully demonstrated that both sides can find solutions to problems on the basis of mutual respect and equal dialogue.

CMG