WASHINGTON/TEL AVIV - U.S. President Donald Trump may visit Israel next month, before his planned visit to the United Kingdom. Sources from the White House, cited by the Ynet website, said that the visit is related to the progress of negotiations for a ceasefire and an end to the war in Gaza. An Israeli source confirmed that discussions are underway regarding a possible visit by the U.S. president, but "nothing is finalized yet."

"Temperatures in Gaza are above 40 degrees Celsius, further worsening an already dire situation." This is a warning issued this morning via the X platform by the UNRWA agency, which warns that with "very limited water supplies, dehydration is increasing" among the residents of the Palestinian enclave, which has been devastated by Israeli military operations against Hamas and other groups in response to the October 7, 2023 attack on Israel. "Bombardment and forced displacement continue," the post continues, highlighting the situation of "extreme heat" with "limited electricity and fuel." "A ceasefire is needed."

According to the Al-Jazeera satellite channel, based on reports from the Gaza Ministry of Health, which has been under Hamas control since 2007, four more people have died in Gaza in the past 24 hours due to hunger and malnutrition.

Media: Hamas has approved a withdrawal, promising to keep hostages alive if Israel leaves Gaza.

Regarding the negotiations, Hamas reportedly presented proposals to Egypt yesterday for a possible ceasefire, including a request for written guarantees that Israel will relinquish control over Gaza. According to a report in the Times of Israel, citing Al-Arabyia, Hamas is demanding that Israel provide written assurances of a permanent end to the war and renounce any plans to occupy Gaza, with international guarantees. Hamas is reportedly offering to withdraw its fighters, move them to previously agreed-upon positions, and "reaffirms its commitment to keeping hostages alive" in exchange for the withdrawal of Israeli forces.

Smotrich: "Construction of more than 3,000 housing units in the West Bank is starting, burying the idea of a Palestinian state." Israeli Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich announced his intention to approve the construction of more than 3,000 housing units in the controversial E1 settlement project between Jerusalem and Ma'ale Adumim in the West Bank, and stated that this decision "buries the idea of a Palestinian state." This was reported by The Times of Israel.

The project has been frozen for decades due to strong opposition from the international community, which fears that new settlement outposts could prevent the creation of a viable Palestinian state. "Approving the construction plans in the E1 area buries the idea of a Palestinian state and represents further steps within a de facto sovereignty plan that we have begun to implement since the formation of the government," Smotrich said in his statement.

adnkronos.com/gnews.cz-jav